Sperm count or total sperm count refers to the average total number of sperm present in one sample of semen. Sperm count is one of the numerous qualities that are evaluated during routine semen analysis and is considered a vital factor for fertility. There are many factors which increase the sperm count and superfoods is one among those.
A healthy sperm count is 15 million per milliliter (ml) or at least 39 million per sample. A sperm count lower than 10 million per ml is considered abnormal and commonly associated with male infertility.
Anything that impacts the hormones that control the production of sperm or acts as an anti-oxidant may aid the healthy development of sperm and help improve sperm count. Overall, factors that influence testosterone levels are thought to have the most significant impact on sperm number and quality.
Fast facts on how to increase sperm count naturally
Superfoods to increase sperm count
- Eggs are considered a great option to increase sperm count, as well as improve their motility.
- High in vitamin E and full of protein, eating eggs protect sperm cells from the free radicals that can decrease your count
- These nutrients assist in the production of strong and healthy sperm, which is important to fertility.
- Folic acid is vital to the development of healthy sperm.
- Spinach and other types of leafy green vegetables are a rich source of this vitamin.
- When your folate levels are low, there is a greater chance you will produce malformed sperm.
- This will lead to sperm that will have a hard time reaching the egg and penetrating its protective barrier.
- Also, there is a greater chance of birth defects because of the faulty sperms chromosomal abnormalities.
- Bananas are full of vitamin A, B1 and C, which help your body produce healthier sperm, as well as increase your sperm productivity.
- This tropical fruit also contains a rare enzyme called Bromelain.
- This is a natural anti-inflammatory enzyme which also boosts sperm count and motility.
- Dark chocolate is often associated with lust filled rendezvous and is great for your sperm count.
- It contains an amino acid called L-Arginine HCL known to increase semen volume and sperm count.
- It has also been rumored to increase orgasm intensity.
- Another food to increase sperm count is the green vegetable called asparagus.
- Super high in vitamin C, it has a wide range of positive effects on your sperm.
- It protects the cells of your testicles and fights free radicals, allowing for greater sperm production of healthy swimmers.
- Besides asparagus, another green vegetable full of folic acid is broccoli.
- Folic acid, also known as vitamin B9, is already known to help women conceive and is now becoming more recognized as important in male fertility.
- This delicious fruit is known as a powerful food to increase sperm count and improve semen quality.
- It is full of antioxidants that fight free radicals in the bloodstream.
- The juice of pomegranates has been recorded throughout history as being used as a fertility booster.
- Walnuts are full of omega-3 fatty acids that help boost sperm volume and production by increasing blood flow to the testicles.
- It is also full of arginine, known to increase semen volume.
- It contains twice as many antioxidants than another nut, helping you fight toxins in your bloodstream.
- Garlic is known around the world as a food good for boosting immunity.
- Among its many properties are vitamin B6 and selenium, both of which play roles in healthy sperm production.
- Taken by many for its blood cleansing abilities, garlic prevents buildup in arteries and allows for better blood flow to your testicles.
Zinc rich foods
- Foods rich in zinc include barley, red meat, beans, etc.
- Zinc plays a vital role in sperm development.
- The mineral is found in high concentrations in testicles during the production of healthy, strong semen.
- In many cases, the deficiency of this mineral is the cause for low sperm motility.
- It is important to note you can have too much zinc so it is imperative to regulate your intake to about 15 mg per day.
Eating healthy and having a healthy lifestyle promotes a disease free and happy life. Make sure to quit bad habits, exercise regularly and avoid junk food to boost the fertility.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information,
should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any
questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.