This is the seventh month of pregnancy and the most beautiful journey to motherhood. This month is the beginning of the most important and the last trimester of your pregnancy. Also the most important time for your baby’s development.
Watch the comprehensive video on the 7-month pregnancy!
The Path to Motherhood – Seventh Month of Pregnancy
What to expect in the seventh month of pregnancy
During the seventh month of Pregnancy, you will now experience most of the problems related to your ever-growing belly and your weight. You and the baby would be rapidly gaining weight from this month onwards. You may expect following in the seventh month of pregnancy.
By the seventh month of pregnancy, your baby starts growing in weight and carrying extra weight on your belly makes you extremely fatigued throughout the day. Take regular breaks from your work and rest.
Food cravings and appetite
With each passing week of pregnancy, you would feel hungrier day by day. You may have food cravings and also an increased appetite. Eat well balanced and nutrient-rich food for proper nutrition of yourself and your little one.
Heartburn, Indigestion, and constipation
Heartburn, indigestion, and constipation continue throughout the pregnancy. Avoid oily and spicy food and keep yourself hydrated and eat lots of green leafy vegetables and fiber-rich foods.
By the end of the seventh month of pregnancy, your belly size grows as the baby grows. As a result of this, you may get pink or reddish blue lines or stretch marks on your tummy, as well as your breasts, thighs, arms or buttocks. After childbirth, these lines usually fade with time. Your skin around belly may become itchy due to dryness. Keep it moisturized with oil or cream and take warm baths and not hot baths as hot water causes dryness.
Pregnancy hormones and increased blood flow cause hot flashes during the seventh month of pregnancy also. You may feel the heat inside you despite any weather. Heat may cause rashes also which can be managed by taking showers. You may also experience excess perspiration, so avoid synthetic fabrics and wear loose, comfortable and cotton clothes only.
During the seventh month of pregnancy, your legs, ankles, arms and even your face may appear bigger due to swelling. This is caused due to water retention in your tissues. Avoid being in one posture for long durations and take breaks and walk a little in between. Lie down with pillows under your feet to reduce swelling. Avoid wearing tight socks or clothes.
Insomnia or sleeplessness is common in the later months of pregnancy due to the increased weight around your belly. Hormonal changes causing uneasiness, heat flashes and frequent urination also make it hard to have a comfortable good night’s sleep. Sleep on your left side with cushions supporting you to avoid back pain.
Braxton Hicks Contractions
From the mid of seventh month of pregnancy, you may experience contractions or tighten of muscles around the uterus. These contractions may last for around 30 sec to one minute and are the precursor to the real labour pain. They are called Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions. If you experience these, then drink water as dehydration causes false labor. Changing your position like standing or sitting also helps. It is normal but if the frequency of these increases to four or five per hour or if you have any vaginal discharge then do consult your doctor.
Your breasts become larger and denser and the nipple becomes darker. A thick, creamy substance called colostrum may leak from your breasts. It is normal as your body prepares itself for nursing the baby. Nursing pads or breast pads can help to prevent an embarrassing situation.
Development of the baby during the seventh month of pregnancy
The little one or your baby grows very fast and by the end of the seventh month of pregnancy, it becomes around 16 inches long with all developed body parts. The baby also starts gaining weight. Immature babies born during seven months can survive with care.
The little sound of happiness
Length of the baby: around 16 inches long.
Weight of the baby: around 1.5 to 2 kg.
Baby Development during the seventh month of pregnancy
- From the onset of the seventh month of pregnancy, the baby starts steadily gaining fat which keeps it warm and baby rapidly gains weight.
- Baby’s internal organs keep on maturing.
- Baby’s hands and legs are well developed and can move them.
- Baby might suck his thumb which helps in developing its jaw muscles.
- Baby’s sleep pattern is now regularized and shows eyelid movements.
- Skin is still wrinkled of the baby and would remain so even after the birth but would be normal after fat deposition in due course of time.
What to expect at the doctor’s office
The Ob/Gyn would conduct regular tests during the seventh month of pregnancy.
- The Doctor would record your blood pressure and your weight.
- A urine sample will be collected and checked for proteins or any bacterial infection.
- Blood sugar levels will also be tested for gestational diabetes.
- Fetal growth and heartbeat will be monitored.
- You would be checked for antibodies and given a shot of anti-D product if you are Rh-negative.
Diet during the seventh month of pregnancy
By the seventh month of pregnancy, you must be feeling a lot hungrier and literally eating for two. This is the time when you should pay more attention to nutrition as the cognitive development of the baby takes place during this trimester.
- Emphasize more on nutrients for the overall development of your little one. Essential nutrients like folic acid, iron, calcium, vitamins, and minerals are required.
- Folic acid helps your body to produce extra blood and complete development of your baby. Iron is very important otherwise it may result in anemia and may cause other problems during pregnancy.
- Calcium helps in the development of bones and keeps them strong. Magnesium helps the absorption of calcium.
- DHA is also very important for the development of baby’s brain. So, walnuts and flax seeds etc. is important to be added to your daily diet.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet by including fruits, green, leafy vegetables, nuts, and dairy products.
Some of the major things that you must include in your diet plan are as follows:
|What should you eat?||What should you avoid eating?|
|· Include Folic Acid and vitamins and minerals like zinc, iron, iodine etc. in your diet by including broccoli, dark green vegetables, and citrus fruits||· Don’t eat food accounting for two people|
|· Eat more leafy vegetables and fruits. Pay attention to fiber.||· Say completely “NO” to alcohol and Smoking|
|· Include whole grain foods, brans, and cereals.||· Limit your caffeine content|
|· Increase the amount of calcium in your diet and increase your dairy intake like milk, yogurt, cottage cheese etc.||· Stop eating greasy, spicy and junk food. Avoid high sodium content by saying no to packed foods|
|· Increase protein intake by taking more legumes, pulses etc.||· Ban out bacteria|
Precautions during the seventh month of pregnancy
- Stay calm and relaxed. Keep positive mind frame and keep yourself involved in pursuing any of your hobbies.
- Keep yourself well hydrated and include fibre-rich food like leafy green vegetables and lots of fruits to avoid constipation and then later haemorrhoids.
- Take frequent rest and avoid standing or sitting for long. Keep your feet up to reduce swelling.
- Maintain good posture while sitting, standing or walking to avoid back strain. Do not slouch with a large belly to avoid back problems.
- Wear loose, clean, soft, cottony, comfortable, and light coloured maternity clothes to keep yourself in a good mood and relaxed and comfortable.
- Do some breathing and stretching exercises after consulting your doctor. Take small walks in the fresh air to keep yourself fit.
- Always maintain good posture to avoid straining your back muscles. Take breaks from regular sitting and walk a bit or lie down.
- Avoid lifting weights and bending down or making any fast, sudden movements.
- Always wear comfortable flat shoes.
Reminder to keep in your mind
Here is the seventh-month pregnancy tip
The seventh month of pregnancy is a beautiful phase which marks the beginning of the third trimester. This is the time when completion of this beautiful phase of pregnancy comes closer. You would be finding going around harder with the growing belly but enjoy moments of communicating with your baby and relish those beautiful memories with your partner. Experience moments of anxiety, fear, excitement and emotional happiness in your last trimester but try to keep yourself calm and relaxed. A positive and healthy state of mind would prepare yourself for a happy parenthood.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 305.00Was: INR 699.00
Price: INR 838.00Was: INR 990.00
Price: INR 1,399.00Was: INR 2,099.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon