What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy, in general, is a way of healing that uses different options like plants extract in order to promote all sorts of well-being and health. Aromatherapy is also known as essential oil therapy. During the process of aromatherapy, different kinds of aromatic oils are used to enhance the growth of the mind, body, and spirit. Along side that, it helps in improving the mental, physical, and emotional health.
Aromatherapy is more like a therapy that is complementary. With aromatherapy, you can’t have any cure for any sort of disease, rash, or illness. There are numerous aromatherapy benefits that you need to know about:
- Menstrual Problems
- Pain and Body aches
- Circulatory Problems
- Hair loss
- Menopausal Problems
- Muscular Ache
- Sore Joints
- Improving the quality of sleep
- Fight bacteria, virus, and dengue
- Improves Digestion
[Also Read – What is Naturopathy?]
Aromatherapy Side Effects
All the essential oils that are used for aromatherapy are completely a safe option to use. However, one has to take a few precautions when using these essential oils. Along with that, you also have to be aware of the side effects and that too if you are on prescriptions or are doing medication.
Never apply essential oils directly on the skin. To dilute the oils, always use carrier oils. Also, don’t forget to do a skin patch test right before using the essential oils. If you are exposed to sunlight, then these essential oils are going to make your skin a lot more sensitive.
Pregnant women or breastfeeding ladies should make sure to use essential oils with lots of precautions and under doctor supervision. Never swallow essential oils.
Some of the side effects of using essential oils are:
- Asthma Attack
- Allergic Reactions
- Irritation in the skin
Make sure to have caution before using essential oils
- Hay fever
- High blood pressure
[Also Read – Pregnancy Diet]
Here are some of the aromatherapy oils and their uses.
- Chamomile: This is used to treat eczema
- Clove: It is more like a painkiller which is generally used to curing toothache. Clove is also used to prevent nausea and vomiting.
- Jasmine: Jasmine essential oils are generally aphrodisiac. It helps in increasing the blood flow.
- Rosemary: This essential oil is used for growth of hair, boosting the memory, and provide support to nervous system.
- Yarrow: This essential oil is used for treating all the symptoms that come up because of cold and flu.
- Lavender: This essential oil is mainly used as an antiseptic to cure burns and cuts. It also helps in enhancing sleep and for relaxing.
That’s all about Aromatherapy.
“Enjoy your Path to Mom. Relish every moment!”
Disclaimer: All content on this website, including medical opinion and other health-related information, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.